Night Must End
Night must end,
And in the future years
There will come another dawn
To wipe away my foolish tears.
Nightly shadows must flee
Beyond the distant brink,
Bringing a glorious sunrise
That will blot out the gloom of night's ink.
Night must face
Into the endless deep,
Bringing the hope of a future day
To arouse my heart from sleep.
Yes, night will pass away;
The darkness will vanish with the night
And father on beyond the glade
I will see a beacon of light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Must End by Grace Riffle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp