Night Upon The Boulevard
Night upon the boulevard,
The rising moon still low.
Rock music both mellow and hard,
Plays as the neon lights all glow.
Multi colored moons glow bright,
In all their different forms.
As passers walk under the lights,
Wrapped up in private storms.
Teenagers cruising down the street,
Youthful faces with no cares.
All thankful for the fading heat,
Taxi drivers hustling fares.
The boulevard on a summer's night,
Long lines at the movie house.
Like ancient, mystic arcane rites,
Shoppers at store windows browse.
The night is young, the street alive,
It won't slow down till late at night.
Like honey bees around a hive,
Till the early morning light.
4/28/11 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Upon The Boulevard by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni
- Hirs ki rim jim, maqsood hasni
- Skin, Mitchell Gonzalez