When I heard a strange sound late one night,
The whole of my body froze with fright.
Over to the bedroom window, I dared to go,
And was met by a silvery, celestial glow.
My eyes couldn’t believe what they were seeing,
As stood in our back garden was an angelic being.
From her shoulders there sprouted two feathery wings,
And, on her fingers, there shone golden rings.
Like liquid honey, her hair flowed down.
Her eyes were coloured dark chocolate brown.
On top of her head, there sat a gold halo.
Her feet were bare: I could see her toes.
Her gown was beautiful: truly out of this world;
Her wrists were adorned with bracelets of pearl.
The angel’s presence, I could definitely feel,
But my mind was questioning if she was real.
I guessed this vision had some personal meaning,
But part of me knew that I must be still dreaming.
The expression on her face was gentle and kind.
Full of thick fog was my own sleepy mind.
She parted her lips and began to croon
A truly beautiful and haunting tune.
Upon her two lips, a small smile played,
Then, before my very eyes, she faded away.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Vision by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave