A shudder runs my o'er grown length
and brings a tear to eye,
leaving me with zero strength
to endure the burning lie!
To wither in fear of unknown truth
and run from brilliant whiteness,
and run the stairway, now turned smooth,
and fight the dizzy lightness!
What boon tis mine to now endure
the serpent's sharpened tongue,
and see my life a fuzzy blur,
and have no strength to run! ?
© 2008 Michael Hunter
Michael Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Michael Hunter )
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez
- Trippin, John Masaitis
- LAst goodbye, Barbara Dixion
- Letterescence, Jole Hans
- All Babble Yet No Travel, Tyrone Gayle
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote