Dark night of the soul,
unlit by the shimmer of mythical Gods;
The wayward treacheries of the heart,
seared to dust in the fire of experience.
From dust to ashes,
the embalmed comfort of moral rectitude.
If only there was water,
just the sound of water,
haunting the crevices of these disembodied ghats
with the music of the spheres.
Shall these bones live?
Rattling between times past and Time present
buried finally in the muddy ambiguities
of your absent presence.
Pramila Davidson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightwatch by Pramila Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni