No better place for Graduation
Happy Graduation Day,
And what better nation is there than America for Graduation,
Let's celebrate in any and every way.
Mom has the cake,
Lisa is two and wondering what wish you'll make,
This is a great day, and thank God it is not fake,
Although I wish that I could taste the snowflake that isn't here,
We will need a designated driver,
Because today is one day to drink at least a beer.
Today is a day to have no fear,
If I believed in hunting I would eat some deer.
I wish Marla could be here,
She was taken at a young age,
I wish Ladonna could be here,
She is one reason to race for every cure.
I am not going to look in the mirror,
That would give me an image looking back,
And I am never going to look back, that is a fact.
Note to readers: I am not a graduate yet, but this is just something that came to mind to write.
Rita Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No better place for Graduation by Rita Hawkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Inner Power, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Start anew, gajanan mishra
- BACK TO SCHOOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA