No Future, Too Much Past
When you have no future
You have to live in the past
A member of this human race
Who'll pass the finish line last.
The future, things to come
Nothing much except pain
The past, Times gone by
Nothing at all, just plenty of rain.
So disaster looms on every corner
Just waiting to leap out at you
You could take a different path
But it finds you whatever you do.
So the future and the past Are just one and the same
The first and second halves of a stupid bloody game
Impossible to win, Destined to lose
I should just give in and sink into the ooze.
And the future draws to a close
While the past increases in size
No future, too much past
And more loneliness, sadness and lies.
Mark Hopwood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Future, Too Much Past by Mark Hopwood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Heroin, S.D. TIWARI
- 728 Days, Tara Stano
- Why do I write, S.D. TIWARI
- Stream of life, S.D. TIWARI
- We Must Learn, Jaipal Singh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku, butterflies fly, S.D. TIWARI
- Live to Enjoy Life, Jaipal Singh