No Love Potion, Beyond, All Mine.
In the heat of day...
Only and lonely felt, were the pain.
The pain of sweltering heart brake...
Spoiled and over cooked in unshielded emotion.
No screening lotion.
A lotion, to erase the burn of my memories notion...
A sea of hurt, left alone, like a great deserted island,
invassed feelings of drowning-sorrow.
Will there be, a better or bitter-ed-tomorrow?
I'll have to display my guilt, like a whithered laurel.
Wasting away my sorrowed fright...
Lonely and longer left adrift, my sorrow's plight.
Be this night.
Michael Gale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Love Potion, Beyond, All Mine. by Michael Gale )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(12 June 1819 – 23 January 1875)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 1, 1921)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
- WH Auden
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Poetry of A Root Crop, Charles Kingsley
- Prophecy of a Ten Ton Cheese, James McIntyre
- Orchard Trees, January, Richard Wilbur
- The Fury Of Guitars and Sopranos, Anne Sexton
- Housewife, Anne Sexton
- A Legacy, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- No, I'm not Byron; I am, yet, Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Sad Child, Margaret Atwood