No Love Potion, Beyond, All Mine.
In the heat of day...
Only and lonely felt, were the pain.
The pain of sweltering heart brake...
Spoiled and over cooked in unshielded emotion.
No screening lotion.
A lotion, to erase the burn of my memories notion...
A sea of hurt, left alone, like a great deserted island,
invassed feelings of drowning-sorrow.
Will there be, a better or bitter-ed-tomorrow?
I'll have to display my guilt, like a whithered laurel.
Wasting away my sorrowed fright...
Lonely and longer left adrift, my sorrow's plight.
Be this night.
Michael Gale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Love Potion, Beyond, All Mine. by Michael Gale )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- the poet
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Television, Roald Dahl
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare