No More Of The Same Explanations
No more of the same explanations
Flowers won’t grow and the world will be swimming in its
Own mess. There is no hope.
There is no hope anymore?
The answer is simple
It is up to you and me to decide
Whether or not we’d be up to it.
Oh, can’t you see the truth
We will never reach that crescent sky
That moon shaped like a bagel,
Or that sky painted red white and blue
We’ll never reach any more exceptions
I paint with aerosols now
Give up the ghost and live your life
But I can’t and I won’t, I want to be
Superhuman. Clark Kent and a jack of all trades
The Gemini in me has spoken.
It will not rest until Mr. Anti-Bellum
Finds that salvaged glory of his in a mitten-
Basket, a basket of goodies and treats
For the family deserves it, they’ve been long ways
To receiving this masterful contraption
It comes with a price though, say goodbye
To the love of your life
Adios mi amor.
The casket has been closed
Anti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No More Of The Same Explanations by Anti )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu