Lawrence S. Pertillar
No One Is Ever Sure
There are those who seek assistance,
To help them make up their minds.
They want to be sure any decision they make,
Will be approved and be just fine.
These folks wouldn't provoke a roach.
And would make a sandwich for a mouse!
But as a companion with an opinion...
No one is ever sure what comes out of their mouths.
Is it something they believe and think?
Or if it comes from someone else,
Who gave it to them to toss about?
Or did it sit to marinade...
In preparation before it came out!
And some of them call themselves friends.
But who could ever depend on them?
Everything they said would be scutinized and questioned.
And folks like these,
Would find it difficult to put another's mind at ease!
Especially if they are not in their own most of the time!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Is Ever Sure by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The 3 kelvin sound of great expectations, Marcel Aouizerate
- Online Halloween, Marcel Aouizerate
- A royal glasshouse, Marcel Aouizerate
- Poem: Quiet Spaces, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali For The Dead, Saheb Mohapatra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)