Lawrence S. Pertillar
No One Is Ever Sure
There are those who seek assistance,
To help them make up their minds.
They want to be sure any decision they make,
Will be approved and be just fine.
These folks wouldn't provoke a roach.
And would make a sandwich for a mouse!
But as a companion with an opinion...
No one is ever sure what comes out of their mouths.
Is it something they believe and think?
Or if it comes from someone else,
Who gave it to them to toss about?
Or did it sit to marinade...
In preparation before it came out!
And some of them call themselves friends.
But who could ever depend on them?
Everything they said would be scutinized and questioned.
And folks like these,
Would find it difficult to put another's mind at ease!
Especially if they are not in their own most of the time!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Is Ever Sure by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Back In The Eighties, Anthony Di'anno
- Fires Of Blazing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Timeless Aging Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CUPS AND LUMPS, maqsood hasni
- How can i be against Marriage?, Anand Vivek
- Thoughts Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Genuine Soulmate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- DON'T BE WORRIED, maqsood hasni
- Choice still in hand, maqsood hasni