NO PEDOPHILE PRIESTS... SEPT 24TH,2013
Can we influence the Church so that they will change their ways?
Priests should be told to get married and do it without delay,
And women priests allowed to say mass and forgive mortal sins,
Stop wearing fancy colorful vestments and see who wins.
And where are the religious leaders that could bring this about?
Busy on a pulpit ensuring that death-with-dignity stays out,
And as a mere member; you can’t have an independent thought,
You may have to check with the Roman Curia and why not?
And without referendums; questions are never asked,
Pompous Roman preacher decisions that cannot be surpassed,
Which shows that the pious are in many ways, like a flock of sheep,
Just behave yourself and don’t question or think too deep.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (NO PEDOPHILE PRIESTS... SEPT 24TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)