It was first poem after retirement from service
Even thought I had written many letters against officers
But not in verses any time for literary taste
The mind was diverted fully and rested
The stage advanced from something to nothingness
The day approached when I had nothing to chase
No activity for gainful employment or commitment
It was altogether you can say solitary confinement
The time was enough at disposal
No strict rules to follow with proposals
Simple and easy life to pursue with laziness
The wife had one spare person to face the happiness
“Now I will have to be careful as full freedom is at stake”
I saw such attitude in her behavior but reassured her for my sake
“Be at ease as I am going to be simple poet” I reaffirmed
She took deep breath and her assurance too was confirmed
“How much presence is important at home”?
“How far it is needed and when will you be welcome”? I tried to analyze
You are seen as red signal for all family members
As they feared about an end of freedom era to remember
The mind became restless and poem disappeared
My own existence as freedom fighter was vanished
The lion was out of cage but there were no forest
I smiled at whole of the universe and decided to rest
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Poems by hasmukh amathalal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...