No rebirth; no Karma;
You don’t step in the same water two times
When you step in a river at a place.
You don’t look at the same flame two times
When you look at a lamp in a place.
The river is same but the water flows.
The lamp is same but the oil spends out.
Life force is same, made of energy,
From where are born and dead organisms.
Each flow is new and each flame is new.
Each birth is new, budding from the life force.
It dies like an electric bulb when fused,
And a new birth comes like a new bulb fit.
Leaves are born and leaves are dead of a tree.
Births of leaves are new births and not rebirths.
Humans are born and dead from the life force.
Every birth is new and not a rebirth.
The craving and the propensities
Come to a birth from the parental genes
And are not transmigrated from one birth
To the other as Karma of rebirth.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No rebirth; no Karma; by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- MAGICless, Suburban Lovechild
- Buds Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- quiet in the library, lee fones
- If my shoes could talk, Maverick Jones
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones