NO SLEEP AT NIGHT
There’s nothing worse than to lie awake throughout the night
As your heart and mind ponder with compassion.
You toss and you turn as you pray to God
To free you from misbehavior’s hurt and passion.
No sleep means they’ll be a long day tomorrow
Where all we endure seems more intense and cruel.
Whatever it is which keeps us fearful and awake
We must give to God for advancement of a fool.
Every champion of the Bible prayed to God for His wisdom
Every time they we’re afraid, lost, sad or alone.
No one can overcome life’s sins of evil, hate and greed
Without Divine love we stumble, struggle, fail and cry on our own.
Tom's 602 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NO SLEEP AT NIGHT by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- गरसे लिमारिक, Ronjoy Brahma
- The debt to the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Humble, H.M. Gautsch
- Days Are Gone, H.M. Gautsch
- Rise Above, H.M. Gautsch
- The final salutes, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Why are we here?, Sarah Ferguson
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine