A severed head sits upright on mud floor
coruscating in moonlight. It was a meditating
Buddha with eyes downcast after a perfect death.
With indecent exposure there was no artifact
to celebrate. The steel was rusted and the name
erased from the asylum.
You walk like a stranger in your home,
possessed, in merciless purity. The greatness
of unbeliever touches a giant guilt.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NO TELLING by Satish Verma )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry