Although we are away from each other,
You, the scent of the past, I still adore.
I have been pining, every minute awaiting
Your return to satisfy my longing for.
I have hung around in the warm sun:
Our souls with the wind and clouds blend
Hovering under the familiar heavens
Where our delight used to extend.
When came the evening, the two lovers
Whispered each in the other’s ear
In a quiet corner of the autumn lake
Vowing lifelong love in it to persevere.
Now that you are very far away
I still preserve the old petal, the feel
Of the rare fragrant flowers half-opened
On the forest fringe full of appeal
In the cold poetic moonlit mid-autumn...
- Such nostalgia, how to sufficiently reveal!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nostalgic Autumn by Nhuan LeXuan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(2 November 1994)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal