Although we are away from each other,
You, the scent of the past, I still adore.
I have been pining, every minute awaiting
Your return to satisfy my longing for.
I have hung around in the warm sun:
Our souls with the wind and clouds blend
Hovering under the familiar heavens
Where our delight used to extend.
When came the evening, the two lovers
Whispered each in the other’s ear
In a quiet corner of the autumn lake
Vowing lifelong love in it to persevere.
Now that you are very far away
I still preserve the old petal, the feel
Of the rare fragrant flowers half-opened
On the forest fringe full of appeal
In the cold poetic moonlit mid-autumn...
- Such nostalgia, how to sufficiently reveal!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nostalgic Autumn by Nhuan LeXuan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- My Wish for Her Love, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- My Old Guitar, Paul Gerard Reed
- Ripped Dreams, Beatrice Preti
- I Miss You Dearly, Michael P. McParland
- Busy hands, Royston Allen
- Jealous, Beatrice Preti
- Remembrance, Beatrice Preti
- Arnold von Winkelried, James Montgomery
- Slow Down Some, Christian Hudak
- Petals at Night, Beatrice Preti