Although we are away from each other,
You, the scent of the past, I still adore.
I have been pining, every minute awaiting
Your return to satisfy my longing for.
I have hung around in the warm sun:
Our souls with the wind and clouds blend
Hovering under the familiar heavens
Where our delight used to extend.
When came the evening, the two lovers
Whispered each in the other’s ear
In a quiet corner of the autumn lake
Vowing lifelong love in it to persevere.
Now that you are very far away
I still preserve the old petal, the feel
Of the rare fragrant flowers half-opened
On the forest fringe full of appeal
In the cold poetic moonlit mid-autumn...
- Such nostalgia, how to sufficiently reveal!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nostalgic Autumn by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah
- Walking the dog, Nassy Fesharaki
- Prince Charming, Electric Lady
- With promising words, hasmukh amathalal
- pray to me, tara mahdavi