Although we are away from each other,
You, the scent of the past, I still adore.
I have been pining, every minute awaiting
Your return to satisfy my longing for.
I have hung around in the warm sun:
Our souls with the wind and clouds blend
Hovering under the familiar heavens
Where our delight used to extend.
When came the evening, the two lovers
Whispered each in the other’s ear
In a quiet corner of the autumn lake
Vowing lifelong love in it to persevere.
Now that you are very far away
I still preserve the old petal, the feel
Of the rare fragrant flowers half-opened
On the forest fringe full of appeal
In the cold poetic moonlit mid-autumn...
- Such nostalgia, how to sufficiently reveal!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nostalgic Autumn by Nhuan LeXuan )
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)