Not Every Morning Is A Poem
NOT EVERY MORNING HAS A POEM
Not every morning has a poem
Not every morning has the light one needs
Not every morning is a new beginning
Not every morning is what morning should be.
Still this morning I will try
As I most often try
To feel from the first step outside
That morning is a new day.
God, how long has it been
With all these days and all this effort
And all these needings to begin again?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Every Morning Is A Poem by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening; let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)