Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not My Position To Understand Disrespect
It is not my position to understand disrespect.
Or pretend an acceptance of it is okay in my presence.
Too many today are quick to express it.
To allow this addiction to become an affliction.
Nor am I here to comprehend a thoughtlessness.
No matter who becomes offended,
That I should object to their ignorant dispositions.
And in my home that kind of comfort is not condoned.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not My Position To Understand Disrespect by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)