Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not My Position To Understand Disrespect
It is not my position to understand disrespect.
Or pretend an acceptance of it is okay in my presence.
Too many today are quick to express it.
To allow this addiction to become an affliction.
Nor am I here to comprehend a thoughtlessness.
No matter who becomes offended,
That I should object to their ignorant dispositions.
And in my home that kind of comfort is not condoned.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not My Position To Understand Disrespect by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter
- Where is the Honor?, Maverick Jones
- Boys Will Be Boys, George Hunter