Not Quite Puppy Love
We don’t have many tomorrows
And I’d like to spend them with you
If our paths continue together
I’ll go anywhere they lead me to.
I have no view of the future
Or what events that it may bring
But as long as you’re beside me
I’m ready to face anything.
My heart smiles when I see you
And your voice can brighten my day
And my whole body tingles
When you look at me that way.
We can still be so childish
Playing and joking around
And we can share the excitement
Of reaching unfamiliar ground.
And as our bodies are aging
I will still want you to be there.
To hold you, touch you and kiss you
Let you know that I’ll always care.
But mostly I want to be near you
For the rest of my days,
Being with you makes me happy;
And I hope that it goes both ways.
Doug Gunderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Quite Puppy Love by Doug Gunderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay
- Bir Ok, Bir Şarkı, Deniz Atay