Not Quite Right
I have been trying to figure out why I am not quite right
Is it because my body is no longer quite as tight?
Is it because my hair is not quite as long
or my eyes are no longer brown as they belong?
Am I suddenly unacceptable because I loved you too much
or is it because I wanted your constant touch?
Do you know how deep this love goes for you
So deep my heart is beyond a 'code blue'.
Why suddenly am I not quite right?
Because I stand up for what I believe and fight?
Why do you dislike me so much
or look at me suddenly in such disgust?
Am I not the same person which you claimed to love
Who you fit with like Mike to his glove?
Is it because I had your child
and you wanted to continue to be so wild?
Why, please tell me now how this could be
Because I loved you so unconditionally.
LaCicely Nicole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Quite Right by LaCicely Nicole )
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)