I’ve been so strong for far too long,
Now everything is going wrong.
One thing after another, it all adds up,
Can’t have one more thing fill my cup.
I’ve been bending and now I’m breaking,
Taking off the smile I’ve been faking.
This is the needle that’ll break my back,
Tonight’s gonna be when it’ll all attack.
Maybe tomorrow, but not tonight
I’m not gonna be strong, I’m not gonna fight
I’ll let my body shake, let the tears flow,
When I’ll solve my problems, I don’t know.
I don’t know how much more I can take,
I don’t know how much more this heart can brake.
I didn’t know I was going to react this way,
I didn’t know I’d run out of things to say.
For tonight, I will cry just a little longer,
Until I make my heart a little stronger.
For tonight, I will hold my knees to my chest,
Until I fall asleep and lay down to rest.
Tomorrow, I will stand tall and face the day,
I will put a smile on my face like everything’s okay.
Tomorrow, I will mask all that I feel inside,
I will put my shoulders back and walk with pride.
Soon everything will be all right,
Maybe tomorrow, but not tonight.
miss liss's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Tonight by miss liss )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Let world be aware, hasmukh amathalal
- As She Wrought, Darlene Walsh