Ace Of Black Hearts
Not Wearing The Same Clothes
A desperate plea
Approval from a sympathetic ghoul.
A kiss of life.
A kiss of death.
What makes me your hero?
What makes me your angel?
What makes me your savior?
Don't you know, haven't you heard.
The blood on my hands is permanent.
It won't wash off.
It won't come clean.
And you want more of this from me.
A right to refuse.
A right to choose.
Not that it seems to matter.
Tell me who is the benefactor.
I won't make you famous.
Most barely even know my name.
And the ones who do hate me so.
Feeding the monsters ego.
Dinner for two.
Light the candles.
Drink the wine.
Eat the food.
This the last night I shall dine.
For a very long time.
Again I must vanish.
Not even a reflection may be portrayed.
Escaping bad intentions.
Escaping an attempt at a reinvention.
It won't happen.
I'm just so sorry.
But you have been mistaken me for somebody..
Not the man to bet against the devils hand.
No master plan.
Just trying live my life the best I can.
Keep the fame, keep the fortune.
Let me hold the cup of beggar even if it is only a disguise.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Wearing The Same Clothes by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- pantoum: landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
- Her Tin Skin, Evie Shockley
- From The Lost Letters of Frederick Dougl.., Evie Shockley
- Seeking Sanity, michael walkerjohn
- — Shall Become As —, Evie Shockley
- I am indeed, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)