Nothing stays the same
Something we all have to accept
Is that nothing stays the same
it's so easy to sigh and lament
Than accept life's looking for change.
As soon as something is comfortable
It's season is over it seems
So keep your emotions portable
So they don't interrupt your dreams.
But something I learn as I get old
Some things are better when changed
Not everything should fit the mould
Not everything's the same.
If I am honest I've got to say
It's better that things are not stale
Even though it's uncomfortable
My life is better with change.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing stays the same by Peter Hall )
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood