Nothing stays the same
Something we all have to accept
Is that nothing stays the same
it's so easy to sigh and lament
Than accept life's looking for change.
As soon as something is comfortable
It's season is over it seems
So keep your emotions portable
So they don't interrupt your dreams.
But something I learn as I get old
Some things are better when changed
Not everything should fit the mould
Not everything's the same.
If I am honest I've got to say
It's better that things are not stale
Even though it's uncomfortable
My life is better with change.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing stays the same by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Duel, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Horses in Snow, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Flood, gajanan mishra
- Audrey Hepburn (2nd version), Margaret Alice Second
- The Factory, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Remembrance, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Romance, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spring In The Factory, Nikola Vaptsarov
- The Nile, Ruth Whitman
- Beautiful Hitchhiker, Ronald Chapman