I’d like to think I know it all,
that what happened with her
was going to happen
as all sure things do.
I was walking through trees, tall
as buildings I’d lived in, slept in,
looked up at with irreverence, felt
the wind go through me like hell.
what I knew was a nothing that
I held closely because I knew it well.
Where I’d gone, what I’d done
people I’d been and been without.
I’d been names of faces I didn't know.
Been bricks and mortar, bold bullet
and target more than I ever will admit
to those that sell me love.
I’d like to think I know it all
that this year winter won’t come
and the sun will rest heavy on a
Ben Paynter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (november by Ben Paynter )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..