Waltz For Zizi
Afar from my bed, you sleep
in your true form, naked
engulfed by another's heavy arms.
On your skin, the marks my lips left
are already gone.
In your eyes,
I cannot see my reflection anymore.
My hand reaches
but it cannot grasp your shape.
The palm returns empty.
You are not there.
'I will never be there'
you say today.
'for I cannot trust you'
But why can't you?
those that you entrust your dearest dreams
are always the ones that dig you
the deepest grave.
You are to me,
more than you will ever know,
a memory, and a shadow,
a silent doll
you want to become.
Bride of my heart,
can't you see,
that he's only stealing the kisses,
I'm craving for.
At your feet,
I lay my troubled head,
there, where months ago, your tears
were spilled because of me.
I'm waiting for the guillotine,
I cannot stand to see
how love becomes dust.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (November Heart by Waltz For Zizi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty