Waltz For Zizi
Afar from my bed, you sleep
in your true form, naked
engulfed by another's heavy arms.
On your skin, the marks my lips left
are already gone.
In your eyes,
I cannot see my reflection anymore.
My hand reaches
but it cannot grasp your shape.
The palm returns empty.
You are not there.
'I will never be there'
you say today.
'for I cannot trust you'
But why can't you?
those that you entrust your dearest dreams
are always the ones that dig you
the deepest grave.
You are to me,
more than you will ever know,
a memory, and a shadow,
a silent doll
you want to become.
Bride of my heart,
can't you see,
that he's only stealing the kisses,
I'm craving for.
At your feet,
I lay my troubled head,
there, where months ago, your tears
were spilled because of me.
I'm waiting for the guillotine,
I cannot stand to see
how love becomes dust.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (November Heart by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)