Afar from my bed, you sleep
in your true form, naked
engulfed by another's heavy arms.
On your skin, the marks my lips left
are already gone.
In your eyes,
I cannot see my reflection anymore.
My hand reaches
but it cannot grasp your shape.
The palm returns empty.
You are not there.
'I will never be there'
you say today.
'for I cannot trust you'
But why can't you?
those that you entrust your dearest dreams
are always the ones that dig you
the deepest grave.
You are to me,
more than you will ever know,
a memory, and a shadow,
a silent doll
you want to become.
Bride of my heart,
can't you see,
that he's only stealing the kisses,
I'm craving for.
At your feet,
I lay my troubled head,
there, where months ago, your tears
were spilled because of me.
I'm waiting for the guillotine,
I cannot stand to see
how love becomes dust.
Of Muses's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (November Heart by Of Muses )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- incontinence, lee fones
- Soccer World Cup 2014, Zoila T. Flores
- your heart would have looked beautiful o.., Mandolyn Davidson
- you remain beneath the swing set, Mandolyn Davidson
- though foe, you friend me well, Mandolyn Davidson
- To Nuke the Mirror, Madrason writer
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye
- Judging A Woman, Randy McClave