I’m walking the tightrope
Between who I was
And who I will become.
Who I am
Is no one and everyone
Flickering and changing
An endless kaleidoscope.
I look in the mirror
And see a familiar stranger
Staring back at me.
So unsure of herself
Trying to balance past and future
Afraid of the present
That she doesn’t understand.
My plans are for the woman
I hope I’ll become
My dreams are of the girl
I left behind.
I’m sitting on the brink
Feeling torn in a thousand directions
And terrified of facing the
Anne Penman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Now by Anne Penman )
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest
- Happiness no quest at all, Pranab K. Chakraborty