Small and alone
For someone to come
And steal my heart.
A tall dashing thief
With kind eyes
Who will take my breath
My hand, my love
And carry me away.
The loneliness grows
Dark and cold
Making me wish
For what I don’t have.
My heart beats slowly
One pulse at a time
Hoping for the moment
When our eyes will meet
And I will belong to him.
I sigh as I wonder
How long I’ll be left
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting by Anne Penman )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner