Obasinjom Warrior - (for Bate Besong)
Two-legged brain, transcendental transcriber
Contiguous of earth, monsieur
In the lions’ den — the Tiger
Imposed its revelator-role, soared
And saw what lies beneath. You
Embraced the tiger, yielded substance—
Rooted in your dream,
Taproot in bedrock, fault line and all.
You spun gray webs for tomorrow’s seeds
Now you tread the earth of Okigbo
Riverain, cosmic-built, out of time…
Spiral sights of sage hood, mystery.
You still wage battle
Lone conqueror, back heaped with destiny
Interrelated cultural odyssey.
His trenchant tongue of fire, precursor.
How shall I sing, O Ebibirman?
You pulled down the curtain
Exposing psycho and sycophancy of useless harlequins
(time and again, they tried to mend
their sand foundations…)
Now, compatriot, uncertainties caress
As I am drawn to the labyrinths of my being,
My haven-home jerked to life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Obasinjom Warrior - (for Bate Besong) by Dzekashu Macviban )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar