Weighty words of trusted bible notwithstanding,
the objects in some eyes cannot be seen
by bold observers peeking, beyond closed lids
nor from the inside of those bible-bashing friends.
Yet they are present and fulfil a noble purpose,
fully respected by a man's seedy companions,
it makes a mockery of all the earnest words,
as fear of God can punish not all moneychangers,
and pleasant words will never soothe our wounds.
And only the reflection has diminished.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Objects by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Canzonetta, León de Greiff
- The Old Umbrella, Bhaskar Rabha
- I am Just So Glad, Rohit Sapra
- The Rain(বৃষ্টি), Bhaskar Rabha
- Vistas, Odell Shepard
- Earth-Born, Odell Shepard
- An Old Inn By The Sea, Odell Shepard
- WeltMeisterSchaft (poem is in English!), Stephen Wylie
- Drunken Magistrate, Ravindra Kumar
- FOR A DESIRABLE WORLD, Satish Verma