Weighty words of trusted bible notwithstanding,
the objects in some eyes cannot be seen
by bold observers peeking, beyond closed lids
nor from the inside of those bible-bashing friends.
Yet they are present and fulfil a noble purpose,
fully respected by a man's seedy companions,
it makes a mockery of all the earnest words,
as fear of God can punish not all moneychangers,
and pleasant words will never soothe our wounds.
And only the reflection has diminished.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Objects by Herbert Nehrlich )
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)