Ode from a dying Bee.
I know not why nor how you are a threat
for I cannot be party to your thoughts.
What I have never known, I can't forget.
My last peace was among forget-me-nots.
I sought not to befriend, nor to be foe
as on my quest to gather I was sent.
My focus lost as you waved your chapeau.
Surprised... had not surmised, your true intent.
My instinct, so succinct yet resolute
engaged my autopilot self destruct.
My sting engaged, enraged was I to boot.
Your pain my death, as such we both were f*cked.
Though Mother Nature's creatures make you rich...
wrong place, wrong time, you'll find that life's a bitch?
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode from a dying Bee. by Dan Reynolds )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez