Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
Ode to Miss Loneliness
Thanks to have met you Miss Lonelines
When laughters are lost you are a bliss.
Your door remains open for every person,
Of abstract edifice you are a mason.
You accompany each person alone,
And you always talk in friendly tone.
You sit at sea-shores or wild places,
White hair and tears are your graces.
When people get tired of comradeship,
You extend long arms of warm friendship.
In dark nights and in autumn season,
You wait for comrades without reason.
When Youth runs away, riches leave pocket,
You come and sit in lost eyes' socket.
When friends shatter like petals of rose,
Poetry of life becomes dull like prose.
You come with with your flute and mandoline sound,
And create an intoxicating round.
Those who get lost in your music sweet,
No friend or comrade they seek or meet.
Long live Loneliness, Queen of times all!
All great Kings, at last, in your realm fall.
You make garlands of beads fromeyes' mine,
With sighs from heart's goblet, you take wine.
You decorate your face with wrinkles all,
For wedding garments, you wear black pall.
You welcome withered flowers and kiss thorns,
When you get joy, you get lost in mourns.
You choose your companions from great ones,
You are the station, how long train of Time runs.
Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ode to Miss Loneliness by Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai )
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Separating Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Subsequent Melody, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- The Catalyst, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)