Mohabeer Beeharry Poems
- Remembering The Indian Ocean T... Who knows when the ...
- I Celebrate I celebrate the cosmos with its ...
- Are We Different...? You think we are different Because we ...
- Dream Is Only Dream At the top of a tree There was the last ...
- Truth Who knows what truth is? Do you? Do I know? I ...
- The Flower Of Your Heart I brought a flower to him. The wise...
- I Am No Bubble On A Vagrant Wa... One little wave Wets my ...
I was born in Mauritius in 1937. I am married and have two children, one son and one daughter and two granddaughters. In 1964 I came to London to study law. I studied at the Lincoln's Inn. I also did B.ed(hons) . I love writing poems, mostly on philosophical and spiritual themes. Most of my poems come from intuitions obtained in meditation. I do not demand a lot from life. I am very satisfied with what I have. However it breaks my heart to see so much of blood shed and hypocrisy around the world. There is hardly any knowing who to trust. Still I love this humanity. There may be a little fire or storm going on here and there. But humanity is a glorious state of being.
God bless this ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Remembering The Indian Ocean Tsunami
Who knows when the flowers bloom
And why they go?
Having done their time,
They leave, quietly and bravely:
An intrinsic law,
An unbreakable tenet.
Who knows for whom the knell toll?
Who wakes up after a satisfying slumber
To confront inexplicable disasters?
What the next day brings is a mystery.
Sunshine or showers
Tears or pleasure
War or peace.
Ignorant of the cause,
We know the effects.
Fateful yet inevitable!
Fruits of our own actions and reactions.
Others call them accidents, dear children of our own mistakes.
My house was ...