Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan
Ode to the Doon Star
Ah, cherished Doon Star! Hark me from afar
rekindle her heart with your rays:
She that dwells in my heart ever till I part –
sprinkle her path with roses.
How swift are the days! For she comes of age
this coming Saturday, the second –
So guard her in earnest from evil and bring jest
prithee, make her life jocund!
‘Tis through you I see her and she me
O Star! reflected upon your boards;
And so convey my message to her heart’s walled cage
and rebound back to me her words.
So many’ll cheer her - kin far and near
this Eighteenth Birthday of hers;
Still O Star, send towards her this token of regards
from someone unseen she knows!
Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ode to the Doon Star by Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock