Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan
Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan Poems
- Give Me That Promotion, Sir! <center> How are you, ...
- A Woman's Scent That night when my mother took me to her ...
- Haiku On Soul Soul to the Body: - 'So how are you, buddy? ...
- A Prayer To God Hails to thee, Lord! In your ...
- I, She And The Sea Sombre though we were we knew - For the ...
- Wind In The Afternoon An assault of cabbage leaves on the ...
- I Love You, Vani Vihar However your memories lacerate my ...
Autobiography of an Award Winning Poet
I wanted a medal, and so I went
to the awarding committee vice president
and showed him all my poems and asked:
'Would you consider me for an award? '
'Your poems are all so simple and straight -
with no sign of style or high intellect;
even a schoolboy can plain understand them -
how can we award you for your poem? '
So I returned next day with a bunch of new
poems steeped in philosophy of high brow:
'Ah! they look now much better', he said,
'But which Party do you follow - Right or Left? '
I frankly said I belonged to neither,
whereupon he said, ''Your ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Give Me That Promotion, Sir!
How are you, sir?
I was just passing by,
thought I might as well drop in
and enquire about your health, sir.
How is your stomach, sir, I am sure
by now it should be perfectly alright, sir.
And how is madam, sir
such a marvellous, gracious lady
I always look upon her as my mother, sir
Whatever she tells me is a command for me
so kind-hearted and down to earth,
even my own mother could never
inspire me so much in life, sir.
And how is your son, sir.
Such a dashing, intelligent, fashionable young man,
of all people I ...