Of Sand & Waves
In short comings, and of
O how the waves wish to devour
as my neck stubbornly enforces
committing a crime, not armed at all
only to run a red light
Where is the glory?
Where is the fight?
A struggle for my name
showcased in neon light
In her eyes, there lies
In romance, is there a care?
Not even a sigh?
A raise of your brow, or an attempt
at a lie?
Am I the waves that depend
on Luna at night?
O how I wish to not dare
but with hearts selling
by the pound
I break 'solemnly swear'
In this world, where love is
Don Juan's shoes should fit
but in the midst
of heart break kids
with a fist
I am obligate to Shakespeare standard
Doesn't mean the worth is there
awkwardly never getting past
Maybe, my eyes are dry
How can I cry tears?
Absent of a holy ghost
when the end is near
What happens when
pick up lines choke?
Is it time to admit
Should I lie?
'I actually choose NOT
to wear a coat.'
As I go on
a little further
With all the notes
all the crimes and lies
all the evidence which sits in
I am the waves and she
is my sand
and love, might actually
Justin Tallman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Sand & Waves by Justin Tallman )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan
- Sorry, Tina Chan
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney