Lawrence S. Pertillar
That you would find truth offensive,
Is as disgusting as the marketing of decadence.
Although truth 'is' free,
And the acceptance of it opens eyes widely...
I can see but can not condone,
Why truth is reduced to an atmosphere of fear.
With many preferring it left alone.
Since promoting truth,
Is not a money maker.
And one is discouraged from it not to pursue.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Offensive by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHY, ala rhmn
- Pabsdorf's Regnen: Dawn of the Summer, Dozie Wogu
- Pabsdorf's Regnen, Dozie Wogu
- Herr! Herr! ! She knows Little, Dozie Wogu
- Herr Herr, Dozie Wogu
- Weinen Nicht: Cry of a Mother, Dozie Wogu
- Reality: Warum Nicht, Dozie Wogu
Poem of the Day
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Who's Who, Benjamin Zephaniah
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)