Oh God, Where are you?
hands clasped, eyes closed,
heads bowed in respect
everyone stood there
chanting a prayer within;
watching them from a distance
i could not comprehend the
need for such intricate
and passionate devotion;
stood there myself,
a long long time ago
unable to think of anything and
perplexed on what am i supposed to do?
i once stood there,
eyes closed, hands clasped
trying hard to understand
what the fuss was about;
watching the rituals and
the strange and bizzare acts of faith
pushed me into a corner
and forced me to question it all;
twelve years have passed,
countless theories and barrage of opinions
with more questions and very few answers
maybe it is safe to say god is an enigma!
Vanessa Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh God, Where are you? by Vanessa Hernandez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...