Oh summer, dear summer, my long lost friend,
I am so very glad, to see you again.
Your brother Winter was very unkind,
So much so dear Summer, that I near lost my mind.
Summer oh Summer, oh how I've missed you,
locked inside my home, with nothing to do.
I've missed your warm breezes, that blow ever fair,
Like some long lost lover carressing my hair.
I've missed star filled nights, under your skies,
As they twinkled above infinitely high.
I've missed the sweet smell of jasmine divine,
And sweet orange blossoms sweeter than wine.
And I've missed the songs of my friends in the trees,
The rustling of leaves and the humming of bees.
I've missed myriads of colors, I've missed the green,
And those long lazy evenings, so quiet and serene.
But most of all Summer, oh Summer my friend,
I am happy your brothers turn is at an end.
I welcome your siblings Autumn and Spring,
But Winters departure is of what I sing.
4/29/14 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh Summer by Juan Olivarez )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)