Oh summer, dear summer, my long lost friend,
I am so very glad, to see you again.
Your brother Winter was very unkind,
So much so dear Summer, that I near lost my mind.
Summer oh Summer, oh how I've missed you,
locked inside my home, with nothing to do.
I've missed your warm breezes, that blow ever fair,
Like some long lost lover carressing my hair.
I've missed star filled nights, under your skies,
As they twinkled above infinitely high.
I've missed the sweet smell of jasmine divine,
And sweet orange blossoms sweeter than wine.
And I've missed the songs of my friends in the trees,
The rustling of leaves and the humming of bees.
I've missed myriads of colors, I've missed the green,
And those long lazy evenings, so quiet and serene.
But most of all Summer, oh Summer my friend,
I am happy your brothers turn is at an end.
I welcome your siblings Autumn and Spring,
But Winters departure is of what I sing.
4/29/14 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh Summer by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak