Joyce D. Bryant
We're proud of "Old Glory,"
the flag of our nation,
Standing for liberty and freedom,
Meaning patriotism and parades,
and marching bands;
And people across America,
Our star-spangled banner
waves proudly on high,
Whether rain, sleet or snow,
or sun's in the sky.
Her colors mean independence,
the red, white and blue;
Democracy and peace,
and tranquility, too.
and as our anthem is sung,
with pride and respect,
There's a lady in history
we cannot forget.
We thank Betsy Ross
for the gift we've treasured,
That throughout all the years
Will have worth unmeasured!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Glory by Joyce D. Bryant )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols