On A Ledge
I do not see any longer,
And I became real depressed;
Now I sit on a ledge
High above the traffic
Like Mars sitting above the outstretched city skies;
I am recording this so all may know my random thoughts:
It is an old-fashioned cassette tape, too,
Showing that I am a lowclass beggar
Commiting a vile suicide.
I decided to be naked for this action,
(Let them get a jolt out of my mangled nakedness) !
Let me tell you my philosophy of life now:
All is nothing and there are no magical gods or god-
Dogs are magical, and insofar as they are true,
So are women, red sky at night, the froth of fresh beer.
I am the king of my castle and you cannot intend to harm me there-
Or I will take off your head in oh so many ways.
But being blind sucks, and I'm going to jump now;
No one below is watching or to the side (I think) :
Yippee Kay Yah, I go now and leave it up to you
To do the housecleaning on the street below...
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On A Ledge by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra