Certain fires die before their time
Extinguished, never meant to say.
Certain things only absorb, not reflect
Anything, white, black or grey.
Strength is indispensable for revolt.
I am the autumn leaf that has
Lived too long, withered in weathers
Approving the peaceful fate of falling.
Certain eyes lose their shine
Mourning the dead curiosity
Now, nothing can surprise them.
Nothing is worse than the worst.
Denial is an expression of loss.
I hold nothing, so nothing to lose.
Defiance is the attribute of insecure.
Acceptance, of the broken.
Contrasting colors shall be appealing;
Yet not for the blind, for whom
His is the shade that reigns throughout.
He will overlay that shade on mine.
Then behold it, rather pleasantly
Possessed by the blindness
In absolute contentment
It is his ultimate victory.
If a pseudo joy of a pseudo life
Shall suffice to survive long enough,
Am I to be the devil who
Raises the veil before them?
Vulnerability in truth,
In truth is irrational.
The palace of lies,
Is reason to life.
Acceptance, on a lovely note
Fuels certain belittled esteems.
A murmur of faith in noise of rejection;
A lost artifact, immensely valued,
Oh, my uncanny servitude!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Acceptance by Vartika Pandey )
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
- If she is a beauty, Diplove gautam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)