Certain fires die before their time
Extinguished, never meant to say.
Certain things only absorb, not reflect
Anything, white, black or grey.
Strength is indispensable for revolt.
I am the autumn leaf that has
Lived too long, withered in weathers
Approving the peaceful fate of falling.
Certain eyes lose their shine
Mourning the dead curiosity
Now, nothing can surprise them.
Nothing is worse than the worst.
Denial is an expression of loss.
I hold nothing, so nothing to lose.
Defiance is the attribute of insecure.
Acceptance, of the broken.
Contrasting colors shall be appealing;
Yet not for the blind, for whom
His is the shade that reigns throughout.
He will overlay that shade on mine.
Then behold it, rather pleasantly
Possessed by the blindness
In absolute contentment
It is his ultimate victory.
If a pseudo joy of a pseudo life
Shall suffice to survive long enough,
Am I to be the devil who
Raises the veil before them?
Vulnerability in truth,
In truth is irrational.
The palace of lies,
Is reason to life.
Acceptance, on a lovely note
Fuels certain belittled esteems.
A murmur of faith in noise of rejection;
A lost artifact, immensely valued,
Oh, my uncanny servitude!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Acceptance by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Preface To A Twenty Volume Suicide Note, Imamu Amiri Baraka
- Out, Out, Robert Frost
- Barter, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Changing Everything, Jane Hirshfield
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Earth's work of heart, Roann Mendriq
- Poem for Gushungo, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson
- Dear Lonely Animal,, Oni Buchanan
- And The World, Darren Hobson
- Heaven Must Be A Lonely Place, Derek Brendish
- all at once..., ging taping
- Could I Walk Alone?, Derek Brendish