Dr John Celes
To be a child again, one simply can’t;
Each phase of life when passed becomes the past;
Yet, childhood was the best in earthly life;
How different each one had looked in snap!
But children want to look like adults fast;
They love to act the way, their parents did;
And when they do, their parents enjoy much;
Yes, children love appreciation good.
The innocence of childhood can’t return;
Adults can dream but childhood won’t come back;
It was great fun to eat, dress, play and sing;
Our yesterdays have vanished forever.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Childhood by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Peoples, Abdullah alHemaidy
- if i find a dumpster, would you move in .., Mandolyn ...
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI