On Climbing Orchid Mountain in the Autumn to Zhang
On a northern peak among white clouds
You have found your hermitage of peace;
And now, as I climb this mountain to see you,
High with the wildgeese flies my heart.
The quiet dusk might seem a little sad
If this autumn weather were not so brisk and clear;
I look down at the river bank, with homeward-bound villagers
Resting on the sand till the ferry returns;
There are trees at the horizon like a row of grasses
And against the river's rim an island like the moon
I hope that you will come and meet me, bringing a basket of wine
And we'll celebrate together the Mountain Holiday.
Meng Haoran's Other Poems
- A Message from Lake Dongtin to Premier Z...
- A Night-mooring on the Jiande River
- A Spring Morning
- Asleep in the Spring
- At a Banquet in the House of the Taoist ...
- At the Mountain-lodge of the Buddhist Pr...
- Evening. Anchoring at Hsuan-yang to See ...
- From a Mooring on the Tonglu to a Friend...
- From Qin Country to the Buddhist Priest ...
- In Summer at the South Pavilion Thinking...
- Memories in Early Winter
- On Climbing Orchid Mountain in the Autum...
- On Climbing Yan Mountain with Friends
- On Returning at the Year's End to Zhongn...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.