On Line Poet's Friendship
Today again I kept searching,
today again the poet is not 'on line'.
Unique, vivid and incisive
is his poetry as most opine.
A poet from distant land though
his thoughts, his feelings seem to echo
thoughts of mine.
Similar were the thoughts of many
similar impress of emotions they found.
Transcending beyond man made barriers
of religion, land, language and culture
A poet belongs to all mankind.
I thought of making friends with him;
but what kind of friendship would that be!
A few exchanges of appreciative comfort
or may be an honest opinion irksome,
which may or maynot be resented.
Is that all that friendship means:
left me hesitant, such thoughts indeed.
Now that a long time has passed
I crave to know, how and where is he.
Recalling and reading his poems
of him there are no means to know!
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Line Poet's Friendship by Om Chawla )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- नै मिथिँगा अनजालि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Living And Going., Tony Adah
- The Little Martyr, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- बारसे बिबार बारदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- # When #, Aparna Chatterjee
- - She -, Aparna Chatterjee
- You are not the body, gajanan mishra
- - Die -, Aparna Chatterjee
- > Nowadays <, Aparna Chatterjee
- When the Heart Wonders, Momiji Halo