On Line Poet's Friendship
Today again I kept searching,
today again the poet is not 'on line'.
Unique, vivid and incisive
is his poetry as most opine.
A poet from distant land though
his thoughts, his feelings seem to echo
thoughts of mine.
Similar were the thoughts of many
similar impress of emotions they found.
Transcending beyond man made barriers
of religion, land, language and culture
A poet belongs to all mankind.
I thought of making friends with him;
but what kind of friendship would that be!
A few exchanges of appreciative comfort
or may be an honest opinion irksome,
which may or maynot be resented.
Is that all that friendship means:
left me hesitant, such thoughts indeed.
Now that a long time has passed
I crave to know, how and where is he.
Recalling and reading his poems
of him there are no means to know!
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Line Poet's Friendship by Om Chawla )
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns