On Line Poet's Friendship
Today again I kept searching,
today again the poet is not 'on line'.
Unique, vivid and incisive
is his poetry as most opine.
A poet from distant land though
his thoughts, his feelings seem to echo
thoughts of mine.
Similar were the thoughts of many
similar impress of emotions they found.
Transcending beyond man made barriers
of religion, land, language and culture
A poet belongs to all mankind.
I thought of making friends with him;
but what kind of friendship would that be!
A few exchanges of appreciative comfort
or may be an honest opinion irksome,
which may or maynot be resented.
Is that all that friendship means:
left me hesitant, such thoughts indeed.
Now that a long time has passed
I crave to know, how and where is he.
Recalling and reading his poems
of him there are no means to know!
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Line Poet's Friendship by Om Chawla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman