An Infant's Smile
Peaceful repose of tranquility,
mirroring blissful divinity.
Heartwarming look of an innocent face
endearing charming bewitching grace;
serene and sacred temple like,
face of a sleeping infant child.
Twitch on the lips of sleeping child
dreaming infant's mystic smile.
Sometimes even while awake,
a focused stare in blank space,
smiles an infant in trance like gaze.
Two month old, what might it dream?
Recollection of cozy womb's confines!
Or could there be memories of past!
Mysterious might be the message cast
of some relation with pre-birth past!
mystery of an infant's smile.
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Infant's Smile by Om Chawla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov