An Infant's Smile
Peaceful repose of tranquility,
mirroring blissful divinity.
Heartwarming look of an innocent face
endearing charming bewitching grace;
serene and sacred temple like,
face of a sleeping infant child.
Twitch on the lips of sleeping child
dreaming infant's mystic smile.
Sometimes even while awake,
a focused stare in blank space,
smiles an infant in trance like gaze.
Two month old, what might it dream?
Recollection of cozy womb's confines!
Or could there be memories of past!
Mysterious might be the message cast
of some relation with pre-birth past!
mystery of an infant's smile.
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Infant's Smile by Om Chawla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra