On reading The Curse of Poets, Cats and Birds by Anthony Di'anno
Words distract we in confide
Things put off undone chide
We write instead ignoring pride
Cursed tidiness creativity denied.
Felines swirl winged curl
Verse transpired a glorious thing
Dust resettles on dull chores anew
O'er and o'er slavery ever through.
Poems call in arc and swirl
Tumble lips uncrumpled coil
Each unique in joy's display
Kiss the sun flying it away.
Hexed darkness trio nod
Tripped phrase by lips unshod
Dance and race smash ignite
Salty bitter septic wounded bite.
Raged fire o' hungry tongue
Arced swirls o' syllables numb
Heart to head lip to hand
Engulfing desire unplanned.
Cursed is the poet, cat and bird
Ignoring notional dreaming song
Tedious labor over art is wrong
Silent noise stark scribbled long.
By Danny Draper 23/09/2013
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (On reading The Curse of Poets, Cats and Birds by Anthony Di'anno by Danny Draper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love passion..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- मोखांजोँ मोखां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Walton/Walmart Chinese Club, Richard Thripp
- sharing a cup of civet coffee, RIC S. BASTASA
- and they will love you for it, RIC S. BASTASA
- that old streetcar already named desire, RIC S. BASTASA
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir