One More Day, Lord (A Prayer Poem)
' I am ready to go, set up my sail, hope the kind
westerly winds will blow fairly, the waters will be calm
make my journey home peacefully, like the setting sun...'
To live each day with happiness and hope
when you will navigate me and I will follow.
Waves may be rough ahead but I’d adore
Just one more day...just give me one day more.
Yes, I am ready, just give me one day more
So I can face the first light of summer sunrise
And touch and feel the morning dew ashore.
Oh, thank you Lord for another day to explore.
Meggie Gultiano's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One More Day, Lord (A Prayer Poem) by Meggie Gultiano )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- First Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Walk like a Penguin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- No-where One, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Cry of Torn Leaf, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Amdo (love), Missau Missau
- Dynamic Frustration, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In Divine Lap of Nature, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Not towards west, gajanan mishra
- The Tributary Stanza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Daughter, Missau Missau