One More Moment
The rain pours down and splashes up.
One car goes by, then two.
Deja vu. Once again my thought on you.
Last time an empty street
This time a crowded corner
I look up. Again. The light is bright.
Red. An instant in front of me and in my head.
Control slips, but I'd left long ago.
Sometimes lightning is far too slow.
I watch as the black tar approaches.
I see my head bounce back.
Nothing. No pain, no fear, no feeling.
I wish I could freeze that moment -
Sliding across the cool black tar.
I have no fear of death.
I know my destination.
Each new scar is nothing more than time.
Afterward is just one second closer to the next.
I live for one more moment close to death.
Azul Noir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One More Moment by Azul Noir )
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)