You are alive due to a life,
Pay your due while still alive.
Everyday's due is dew payable to life.
You are alive because of a life,
Take your whole life not to take a life.
Be not hasty to give up an owed life
The Mighty giver-up calls shots to life.
There's life in each and every life.
Live and let room to the other life.
Friendly opposites meet to start a life.
Oppose unfriendly meeting to stop a life.
The first labour is sweet play to conceive a life.
The second harbour pain displayed to release a life.
Happiness is oil to lamp of life.
Laughter is thread to bright lamp of life.
Hope is case holding oiled thread of life.
Love is place bearing bright light of life.
Make your work none to walk dark side of life.
Help others that try find light in life.
Make yoke light for others try in life.
Direct others' spotlight on the stage of life.
Being a light to the next life,
Could delight heart of a vexed life.
You may not know to write a memoir while alive.
Memory will be in life you impacted when alive.
When you illuminate paths of others alive,
You'll be followed as match played live.
Dare Onadele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One's Life-Time by Dare Onadele )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)