Times of Sickness
In times of sickness,
Being idle like ant in the nest
All day long you have to rest
Food or water make you incense
Weakness in lots one obsess.
For hearing and seeing,
Like fog they are fainting
Your skin goes to pale
Your bone to lift as stone
Not wanting to shiver
Seems one has no liver
When the wind blows little
You feel like one in shuttle
Or just when in it's highest
Having the feeling of Everest
It's dreadful time to experience
From people you want caress
Their gorgeous hands forth
Their warm hands stretched
With accolades non-stopped.
Like magical known shrub
Your illness is near to halt.
Often all take you to right course.
One wonders joy and happiness
Working perfectly as shrub.
It's a therapy doctors can't snub
Joy and happiness given to patience
Effecting change to those in depress.
How worse can it be, to be ill
With cure up on the hill?
No lover around to come by
Nor passers to stop by
Death to such I see imminent
Hell or heaven have ghost sent.
We all need someone around,
In times of sickness to be at hand.
Taking our medications to recover
With shrubs our sickness we maneuver
Joy and happiness too, I discover.
Dare Onadele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Times of Sickness by Dare Onadele )
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)